Beyond Indonesia Fashion Week


Lovers will never forget their first love and first kiss
Shoppers will never forget their first acquired designer's dresses and accessories
Writers will never forget their first published article!!!

Thank you The Jakarta Post for publishing my article "Beyond Indonesia Fashion Week" both printed (page 7) and online slightly more than a year ago  (Wednesday, 26 February 2014). I wrote this article in my first few months relocating in Sydney for my post-grad study. I deeply missed my family, friends, colleagues and most of all, Indonesia and its fashion buzz. The article was written as  an attempt to overcome my homesickness to Indonesia's fashion world since I had to dearly missed the 2014's Indonesia Fashion Week. Fortunately, even though my physical absence was unavoidable, my mind was not -and never always- willing to accept the given circumstance.

The article embodied my piece for the love of Indonesia's fashion, traditional and modern, batik and wastra, designers and fashion people. This article owed its very ideas to noneother than my beloved Mother, Mrs Henny Wawolangi Tandjung, who is my FASHION GURU!

Now, let us reflect upon the completion of yet another highly media covered IFW 2014 by reminding ourselves "Is this enough? Or do we want more?". As the elegant Madamoiselle Coco Chanel once whispered to her faithful Chanel's aficionado "I am Fashion", let us ask ourselves, is Indonesia ready to be the Fashion Setter or just merely a Fashion Follower? I believe we are ready to be the first option. Then let's work together to reach our goal!

Hope you'll enjoy reading my piece. Moreeee to comeee! Maju terus fashion Indonesia!!! wink emoticon‪#‎ifw‬ ‪#‎jakartapost‬ ‪#‎beyondindonesiafashionweek‬ ‪#‎paperedition‬ ‪#‎page7‬‪#‎proudindonesian‬. 

Link to the Jakarta Post: http://m.thejakartapost.com/.../beyond-indonesia-fashion 

Comments

Post a Comment