Bold Batik, Cheerful Cats & Delightful Delta



Memory
All alone in the moonlight
I can smile at the old days
I was beautiful then
I remember
A time I knew what happiness was
Let the memory live again


Miaowww…

Who would not fall in love with cats and kittens with their big and beautiful eyes?

Those who love cats and musical will find a perfect combo in Cats The Musical.

Based on the book of TS Elliott, Cats the musical has gathered 70 million more audience and much more fans since 1981 –when JET was only a two year olds toddler-.

In 1997, Cats broke the record as the longest running musical in Broadway after 6.138 performances.

Thanks to my Mom, I have grown a special fascination to the song “Memory” which has been the original theme song of Cats. Sung by Grizabella, I was in love with Barbra Streisand’s version. It must be one of the first few songs that I remember since I was around six or seven years old. Mom and I would turn the CD on and imagine that we would do a sing-a-long with the one and only Barbra Streisand.

You can imagine that I was ecstatic to learn that Cats was going to return to Australia with a brand new production.

On the top of that, Delta Goodrem, my favourite Australian songstress, is casted as Grizabella (https://www.deltagoodrem.com/).

Can’t get enough of the magical Cats show in Australia? (http://www.catsthemusical.com/australia/)

Scroll through my following photos to witness my lovely encounter with Delta.

Follow my fashionable journey around the globe in instagram (@JETJAKARTA), Facebook page (JET Fashion Diplomacy), twitter (@Jonesey4Eva).

Ps. Catatan Kecil untuk Rekan Diplomat, Sahabat Desainer dan Fashionista Indonesia, pagelaran musik merupakan salah satu kesempatan baik untuk memperkenalkan kreasi desainer dan tekstik tradisional Tanah Air. JET sukses mempromosikan Batik Indonesia saat menghadiri show Cats di Australia baru-baru ini. Never forget that the only way to turn heads on these sorts of events is to be fiercely fashionable and be boldly stylish in proudly wearing your country’s signature textile, including Batik and Tenun. Follow JET’s style and see how each pair of eyes will be in awe with your nicely arranged outfit!



JET and the much beloved Australian diva, Delta Goodrem.

What would be more enchanting than showing up in Indonesian Batik shirt by my favourite Batik maestro to meet my favourite Australian diva!

Batik Shirt: Dudung Ali Syahbana (Batik Dudung), hand-crafted in Pekalongan, Central Java.



Delta Goodrem as Grizabella performing “Memory”.



The Jellicle Tribe comes alive! Marvel at the beautiful cast of Cats. Look at those amazing costumes. J



This big cat is waiting for the audience.



The Cats cool merchandises.



Et voila, Monsieur JET took photo before the show with these famous friends. Which one is your favourite?

#JETFashionDiplomacy, #IndonesianFashionDiplomacy, #IndonesianBatik, #BatikDudung, #DudungAliSyahbana, #IndonesianBatikMaestro, #DeltaGoodrem, #CatsAustralia


Comments