My handsome portrait by Tupe Langi





Through social media, one encounters new and exciting friends. Indeed, this is how I first met Mr Tupe Langi (+tupelangi), a new friend of mine, a couple of weeks ago. I was intrigued with his paintings which I view as a lovely work of art.

Recently Tupe organized a small quiz which I participated. He asked his friends and viewers to guess the portrait which he was working on. I saw the portrait at a glance and I typed “Sylvester Stallone as Rocky Balboa”. Apparently my guess was the right answer. Tupe then told me that a special gift will be delivered to me.

However, not in a million years that I would suspect that he would present me his artwork as a handsome gift.

Without further a due, let me present to you, fashionistas, the portrait of JET, or a much more handsome version of myself J, by the talented Tupe Langi. Closely observe how Tupe elegantly reinterprets my Indonesian Batik shirt. Simply awesomeeee!!!

Mr Langi is a UK-based Tongan/Polynesian artist. His portrait paintings are deeply influenced by his rich and vast heritage of Polynesia and Tonga. In addition, the Black and White color of the portrait adds the mysterious nuance to the canvas. As an art amateur, I think the strength of his painting is not only based on his color composition and artistic painting but also in his fine ability to transform the intricate details of one’s anatomy into the canvas. Take a closer look at the following paintings.

Stay creative Tupe matey! Can’t wait to welcome you in Sydney!

Those who wish to have the same portraits as mine, head to Tupe Langi Art page in Facebook, and Tupe Langi in Google+.



The talented Tupe Langi with his artwork.



Queen Elizabeth 2 by Tupe Langi. How lovely the Queen and her amazing crown and jewelries look!



Sylvester Stallone as Rocky Balboa by Tupe Langi. Look at the details of his jacket and collar.



A beautiful lady by Tupe Langi. Observe her beautiful hair, so intricate!

 #jetfashiondiplomacy #indonesianbatik #indonesianfashiondiplomacy #jetportraitbytupelangi #tupelangiart #polynesianculture

Comments

Post a Comment